We'll soon be posting all the recipes from our pot-luck dinners on the Pelham Convivium section of the Slow Foods Canada website.
This was a planning meeting, so various projects were put forward and these will form the framework of our upcoming year.
- a Slow Food cycling tour around Pelham and neighbouring regions. This will be in the form of a map-brochure which will outline routes that will take cyclists past local food producers, from cheese shops to market gardens to organic growers to bakeries. Once this has been completed, we will discuss having a one-day cycling event.
- a Slow Food oriented dinner at the Keefer Mansion in Thorold
- a repeat of last year's Cassoulet evening... this time to be held at Alvento Winery in Vineland
- an arranged tour of Upper Canada Cheese
- a repeat of the tour of Clos Jordanne
- visits to local farms and gardens such as Vivek's greens, and Mr. Knight's exemplary garden in Ridgeville
- a "foraging" evening featuring wild plants, vegetables, and mushrooms, along with game... in conjunction with a talk by Adam Shoalts who writes the natural world column for The Voice of Pelham
- a presence at the Pelham Market, perhaps in the form of comparison tastings of local and imported produce
- and the annual Featherstone Winery lamb roast in early September